Due to the rising demand for effective analysis solutions and real-time monitoring of
learners and students’ development, the global AI in the education sector market revenue is anticipated to grow significantly during the forecast period.
What is AI in the Education Market?
Future market growth for artificial intelligence in the education industry is anticipated to be further fueled by rising demand for original and interactive virtual learning courses.
The market for artificial intelligence in the education industry is expected to develop as a result of the rising demand for better-customized learning experiences. The global artificial intelligence market in the education sector is anticipated to develop over the next few years as a result of the rising demand for Artificial Intelligence (AI) technology to streamline institutions’ administrative tasks.
During the forecast period, it is anticipated that the high cost of AI-driven software and its susceptibility to cyberattacks will have an impact on demand and limit the deployment of AI in the education sector to some extent.
There is a growing consensus that the extraordinary range of present and potential benefits will prevail, despite the fact that there is still much debate about the advantages and disadvantages of implementing AI technology in the field of education, including the depersonalization worries and the ethical issues mentioned above.
The biggest worry with applying AI to a sector is that it will replace people, leading to job losses. But that isn’t entirely true. In actuality, AI is not meant to take on the role of a teacher in the classroom. It is meant to follow suit with them. AI can help a teacher in the classroom identify some of the areas that need work. AI will be able to identify, for example, when certain students skip over certain questions.
The teachers are informed by the warning that the material needs to be taught again because the students still don’t understand it. The teachers will be held more accountable as a result, and they will be compelled to use the most productive teaching techniques.
Read also: How computers change the world
AI in Education: Problem-Solving In 2023
- Global Access: All students, even those who speak different languages or may have visual or auditory impairments, can participate in global classrooms with the use of artificial intelligence systems. A free PowerPoint add-in called Presentation Translator generates subtitles for the teacher’s speech in real-time. This creates opportunities for kids who might be unable to attend class because of illness or who need instruction at a different level or in a subject that isn’t offered at their current school. AI can assist in removing barriers between traditional grade levels and between schools.
- Advanced Academic Support: Any family who has battled to help their adolescent with mathematics will be overjoyed at the prospect of using artificial intelligence to support their children when they are having difficulty at home with their homework or exam preparations. Artificial intelligence is advancing tutoring and study systems, making them more sophisticated and soon more accessible and able to accommodate different learning styles. AI mentors for students improved smart content, and a new approach to professional development for instructors through virtual international conferences are just a few of the many AI applications for education that are now being explored. Although the adoption of artificial intelligence and machine learning in education may be a little slower than in other industries, changes are already beginning and will continue.
- Personalised Schooling: For years, schools have prioritized adapting instruction to meet the unique requirements of each student, but AI will enable levels of differentiation that would be hard for instructors to achieve with 30 kids in each class. In order to provide learning, testing, and feedback to students from pre-K to college level that gives them the challenges they are ready to identify knowledge gaps, and redirect to new topics, when necessary, several companies are currently developing intelligent instruction design and digital platforms that use AI. Currently, it is not practical to tailor the curriculum to each student’s needs, but AI-powered machines will be able to do so. AI is also forecasted to broaden the benefits of childcare management software in the education industry.
- Immediate, Unbiased Feedback: With AI, students can feel safe to make the mistakes essential for learning and receive the feedback they need for progress. Some students can be reluctant to take chances or hear critical feedback in the classroom. A large portion of the potential for AI in education is focused on minimizing the amount of time teachers spend on mundane tasks in order to make more time for important ones. One of Bernard Marr’s five potential advantages that he highlights is the automation of administrative activities.
- Around-the-Clock Accessibility: Thanks to AI, a wealth of information is now available to everyone, not just teachers. Students also do this. This indicates that they can get help on any topic from AI bots at any time of day. Teachers and professors often only respond to queries from students when they meet with them in person and have the chance to do so during class. Thankfully, they won’t have to wait as long anymore. Numerous AI-powered chatbots have been developed specifically for the education sector. They act as the students’ constant helpers, answering all of their inquiries. There won’t be much of a wait before they see the professor in the classroom or office.
Recent Developments in the AI in Education Market
Scientific Learning Corporation was acquired by Carnegie Learning, Inc. in September 2020. The acquisition allowed Carnegie Learning to expand its portfolio of educational technologies and improve student learning outcomes.
Smart Sparrow Pty Limited was purchased by Pearson PLC in January 2020. The acquisition greatly increased Pearson’s current capacity for adaptive learning and advance the rollout of Pearson’s Global Learning Platform (GLP).
- The Role of Cyber Risk Assessments in Strengthening Business Security - September 29, 2023
- Is Generative AI going to replace content writers? - September 27, 2023
- How AI Tools Can Transform Businesses’ Internal Processes - September 22, 2023